Information required to apply
- This application is to be endorsed by two current DPCC members in good standing. Alternatively you may provide non-member references who agree to be interviewed. If you have questions, please contact the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are for a 12 month calendar year (Jan 1 - Dec 31). Applications processed after September 30 will apply and carry over to the following year. If this occurs, in the period between your application approval and January 1, you may exercise all membership privileges except that of voting.
- New member applications are processed the first of each month, please be patient and we will contact you in due time.
Note that any member under the age of 18 will not have voting rights.
This application is to be endorsed by two current DPCC members in good standing. Alternatively you may provide non-member references who agree to be interviewed. If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Secretary at email@example.com.
Getting to know you!
As you do not have two DPCC members as sponsors, we have a few questions for you so we can get to know you better!
Code of Ethics Agreement
By joining the DPCC, members agree to conform to the obligations it imposes on member conduct when buying, selling, breeding and exhibiting the Doberman Pinscher. All DPCC members therefore agree to comply strictly with all and each of the following standards of conduct:
DPCC Code of Ethics (Revised 2006)
- Abide by the Constitution and the Bylaws of the Doberman Pinscher Club Of Canada, Inc. and the rules of the Canadian Kennel Club.
- Members must keep accurate breeding records, registrations and pedigrees; further, they should maintain the best possible standards of canine health, cleanliness and care.
- All services and sales arrangements shall be mutually agreed upon, stated in writing and signed by all parties involved, including all adjustments, deposits, replacement conditions, etc. All members shall support and conduct only ethical trade practices.
- All advertising must be honest and not in any way misrepresentative, fraudulent or misleading.
- The DPCC does not promote the breeding of albino (also sometimes called white) Dobermans. The albino Doberman is a newly introduced disqualification in our breed standard. All DPCC members are encouraged to research the bloodline of any and all breeding stock and avoid breeding to any dogs that might introduce the albino/white gene into any litters. Any member not following this policy will be refused membership in the DPCC.
- DPCC members shall support the efforts of the DPCC relative to health issues, and have their dogs tested for health disorders known to affect the breed.
- All dogs offered at stud shall not knowingly be bred prior to one (1) year of age and shall be in good health and free from communicable diseases and disqualifying faults. Any bitch accepted for stud service shall be at least eighteen (18) months of age, in good health, free from communicable diseases and disqualifying faults. All breedings that occur shall be done with the intention of the preservation and betterment of the breed, taking into consideration structure, health and temperament, as well as the ability of the breeder to be responsible for the puppies produced.
- No stud dog will knowingly be bred to any bitch whose owner is directly or indirectly involved with any puppy broker, puppy mill, pet shop, litter lot sales, or any other commercial enterprises whose business is involved in like activities.
- No bitch will be bred for commercial reasons. All bitches will be bred with intentions of that particular breeding improving the breed.
- No member of the DPCC shall breed more than 4 litters per year that are to be registered under the sole kennel name of that member.
- No bitch shall knowingly be bred after the age of six (6) years without a veterinarian’s certificate certifying her general health and ability to support a litter of puppies. Under no conditions shall a bitch be bred after she reaches seven (7) years of age, nor will a bitch be bred more than four (4) times in her lifetime.
- No Doberman Pinscher shall knowingly be sold to commercial facilities, business, puppy brokers, pet shops, puppy mills or guard dog business or agents thereof.
- All members shall honestly evaluate the quality of all Doberman Pinschers sold and fairly represent that evaluation.
- Prices of Doberman Pinschers shall be based upon individual quality. Members should maintain prices so as not to be injurious to the breed. When appropriate, some animals not considered as breeding quality shall be registered with the Canadian Kennel Club as non-breeding, and should be sold with a written agreement to have the animal altered.
- At the time of sale, members shall furnish records to each buyer of all shots and wormings, pedigree, and obtain all signatures necessary for any agreed co-ownership or non-breeding agreement.
- Members shall conduct themselves at all times in such a manner as to reflect credit on the sport of purebred dog showing and Doberman Pinschers in particular.
I/we agree and confirm that by selecting "Yes" to this question, this constitues a legally binding agreement and serves as an electronic signature for ALL APPLICANTS and parents/guardians named herein.